Doha Golf Club boasts an 18 hole Championship Course, a 9 hole Academy Course, an enourmous driving range and putting green, 8 artificial lakes, graceful landscaping and a beautiful clubhouse designed in old traditional Arabic style, which has been located at one of the highest points on the course giving it a magnificent prominence.
The Championship Course is a tough course from the back tees and offers many strategic and heroic holes where the scratch golfer can test his skills. The course has been designed with two starting and finishing holes which maximises playing flexibility and the number of daily rounds. The unusual 150 hectare site has been enhanced by emphasizing the natural attributes and features. We have created lakes which will double as obstacles and aesthetic features. We have planted about 5000 shrubs, 6000 trees, 10 000 cacti imported from Arizona which will emphasize the nature of the rugged surroundings.
The Academy Course is less demanding and can be played by beginners, ladies and those who want to play a quick nine holes. The fairways are larger, the holes are shorter with less hazards and generally the course will allow the not-so proficient golfer to enjoy the game and the good golfer will have the opportunity to have an enjoyable round during a short break from the office.
Doha Golf Club
Voyage to an exclusive island resort, nestled on the shores of sparkling blue waters. Grand, yet inviting, The Ritz-Carlton, Doha is an exceptional luxury five-star hotel that combines extravagant elegance with the warmth of a traditional Arabian welcome.
The very definition of an opulent Middle Eastern paradise, and an idyllic setting for business or leisure travelers alike, our luxury resort features:
- 374 well-appointed guestrooms, each with sea or city views
- 61 luxury suites and 42 club rooms with free internet connection
- Eight exceptional restaurants and bars featuring fine local and international cuisine
- A world-class spa and modern fitness center
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools
- Two ballrooms, six meeting and video-conferencing rooms
- A 235-slip marina with club house for boats and 8 slip marina for jet-ski
- Guest Room Features & Amenities
- Water and golf course views
- Furnishings hand-crafted in Spain and Italy
- Private balcony
- Large marble baths with separate shower and bathtub
- Plush terry bathrobes and slippers
- Generously-sized desk
- High-speed Internet access
- Fully-stocked refreshment cabinet with a coffee machine
- LCD Flat Screen TV with international television channels, DVD and CD player
- High-speed Internet access (wired and wireless)
- Three telephone sets with data port and voicemail
- Two analog extensions
- Radio alarm clock
- Twice-daily housekeeping service
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Laundry Service from 5 a.m. to midnight
- P.O.L.O. Kit for children between ages 8 month to 4 years